41 MPs have signed an EDM critical of Israel for designating six Palestinian ‘human rights’ organisations as terrorists. The EDM was tabled on 25 October. 18 of the 41 are Labour members and 14 are members of the Scottish Nationalist Party (SNP). Jeremy Corbyn and Claudia Webbe also signed. At the time both were suspended, Corbyn from taking the Labour Whip in Parliament, Webbe from the Party (she has now been expelled).
The six proscribed organisations: Union of Palestinian Women’s Committees; ADDAMEER — Prisoner Support and Human Rights Association; Bisan Center for Research and Development; al-Haq Organisation; Defence for Children International — Palestine (DCI-P); and the Union Of Agricultural Work Committees.
Israel’s UN Ambassador Gilad Erdan was formerly Minister of Strategic Affairs. He published a detailed report proving the connection between these organisations and the PFLP (declared a terrorist organisation by the US, Israel, Canada, and the EU).
Melanie Phillips writes:
NGO Monitor has published here a summary of the PFLP’s NGO network.
It says by way of introduction: ‘NGO Monitor has identified a network of 13 NGOs linked to the Popular Front for the Liberation of Palestine (PFLP) terror organisation and funded by European, and in some cases, other governmental frameworks. As of September 1 2021, we have also identified over 70 staff and board members, as well as other officials who hold positions in both the NGOs and the PFLP. This document contains information about 36 of those individuals. The information below is based on open sources, including social media posts.’
The NGO Monitor article covers all six of the proscribed organsations, plus a further seven. It was published on 20 October – that is 5 days BEFORE the EDM was tabled. The six ‘sponsors’ of the EDM therefore had ample time to read it. But when you suffer from IDS – Israel Derangment Syndrome – you don’t give a F*** about ‘evidence’. Your sickness is an obsession – an obsession to vilify Israel irrationally, at every opportunity. In fact eminent psychiatrists have begun to recognise IDS. It runs rife among Labour and SNP MPs though it is rare (but not unknown) among Conservatives. Medical data scientists have established a link between IDS and the proportion of Muslims in the MP’s constituency. The only known cure is for the MP to spend two months in Gaza, as a guest of Hamas.
Let’s look at the record of these 41 IDS-suffering MPs ….
- As many as 37 of them have ‘previous’ – a history of antisemitism or support for antisemites or extreme anti-Israel activity.
- Only 15 (well under half) signed the letter written by a Labour MP, Siobhain Ann McDonagh, to the Chinese Ambassador expressing outrage about China’s attempt at ethnic cleansing of the Uighur Muslims.
- 26 of the 41 bought into the ‘Vaccine Libel’ and/or ‘Evictions Libel’ – the false claim either that Israel has an obligation to vaccinate Palestinians who live outside the country or that Israel has somehow acted illegally in evicting people without legal title to their homes.
- 7 of the 18 Labour MPs (plus Claudia Webbe, at that time suspended – now expelled) called for Corbyn’s reinstatement after Keir Starmer suspended him from taking the Labour Whip in Parliament.
|History of Antisemitism|
Or Support for Antisemites
|Signed Uighur Letter?||Signed Vaccine Libel EDM 1386 and/or CAABU letter on house evictions?||Signed to Restore Whip to Corbyn?||Muslim proportion in constituency (%)|
|Marsha de Cordova||N||N||N||N||9.3|
|Anum Qaisar-Javed||Y||na (new MP)||na (new MP)||na||0.7|
|Kenny MacAskill (Alba)||Y||N||Y||na||0.5|
|Caroline Lucas (Green)||Y||Y||Y||na||1.8|
|Jonathan Edwards (Ind)||N||N||Y||na||0.2|
|Margaret Ferrier (Ind)||Y||N||N||na||1.2|
|Jeremy Corbyn (Ind)||Y||N||Y||na||9.0|
|Claudia Webbe (Ind)||Y||N||Y||Y||15.2|
|Ben Lake (PC)||Y||Y||N||na||0.7|
|Alistair Carmichael (LibDem)||Y||Y||Y||na||0.3|
|Layla Moran (Lib Dem)||Y||Y||N||na||2.2|
- 41 MPs are afflicted by Israel Derangement Syndrome.You cannot trust a word they say about the Middle East;
- 18 are Labour. For most of the Jewish Community Labour remains toxic – despite Johnson’s disgraceful tactic re the Owen Paterson investigation;
- The record of SNP MPs hardly bodes well in the event of Independence.
Please consider donating through my Patreon page. Every penny will go toward Israel advocacy and fighting antisemitism.
Addendum: See also here (dated 9 November 2021)